Acceptable use policy
This website and other websites owned or operated by Kahlenberg Europe from time to time (‘Websites’) and the services offered on and through the Websites and Kahlenberg Europe, are offered to you by Kahlenberg Europe Ltd.
Please read this Acceptable Use Policy carefully before using Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems or services or the Website or contracting with Kahlenberg Europe Ltd through the Website or otherwise. You may not use the Website or their contents or Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems and services for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by this Acceptable Use Policy.
This Acceptable Use Policy was last updated on 25 November 2020.
1. Acceptance of Acceptable Use Policy
1.1 By accessing any part of the Website or using Kahlenberg Europe Ltd Ltd systems and services, you shall be deemed to have accepted this Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not accept the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, you must leave the relevant Website immediately and not use any Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems and services.
1.2 Kahlenberg Europe Ltd reserves the right to change or update this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time. Any revisions to this Acceptable Use Policy will be published on the Website and any significant changes that affect your rights will be notified to you by email where you have provided your email address to Kahlenberg Europe Ltd pursuant to a contract with us.
1.3 Additional terms of business and/or terms and conditions apply where you enter into any contract with Kahlenberg Europe Ltd for Kahlenberg Europe Ltd goods and services via the Website or otherwise whereupon these terms and Acceptable Use Policy will form a part of such contract that you have with Kahlenberg Europe Ltd.
2. Acceptable Use Policy
2.1 Kahlenberg Europe Ltd supports the free flow of information and ideas over the internet and does not actively monitor use of the Website and Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems under normal circumstances. However, Kahlenberg Europe Ltd seeks to balance this aim with Kahlenberg Europe Ltd’s obligations to other users, third parties and at law. Kahlenberg Europe Ltd does therefore conduct random checks or investigations from time to time to ascertain compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy and to comply with or investigate any enforcement agency or police request or other complaints. Kahlenberg Europe Ltd also therefore requires that, in using the Website and Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems or services, you do not:
- 2.1.1 say or do anything that would cause annoyance, inconvenience, harassment or needless anxiety to others;
- 2.1.2 advertise or promote third party or your own products or services by way of the distribution of ‘spam’ mail;
- 2.1.3 use foul, threatening, offensive language, or sexually explicit language;
- 2.1.4 make insulting remarks to or about other users of the Website or Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems, Kahlenberg Europe Ltd or third parties;
- 2.1.5 distribute illegal, copyright infringing, indecent or offensive material or any messages or content that may incite disorder or encourage illegal activities or that causes or may cause harm to minors;
- 2.1.6 impersonate Kahlenberg Europe Ltd or another person;
- 2.1.7 transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs;
- 2.1.8 use the Websites, Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems or services to conduct any fraudulent activity including, without limitation, any ‘pyramid scheme’, ‘ponzi scheme’ or ‘chain letter’;
- 2.1.9 breach or otherwise fail to comply with relevant licence terms in connection with any hardware or licensed content that you access via the Websites, Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems and services;
- 2.1.10 connect any insecure computer hardware or other machines to the Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems which may be exploited by third parties to carry out activities that are in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy; or
- 2.1.11 access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Websites or Kahlenberg Europe Ltd’s security measures.
2.2 Kahlenberg Europe Ltd may take any or all of the following action at its discretion:
- 2.2.1 remove any material that, in Kahlenberg Europe Ltd’s sole discretion may be inappropriate or that Kahlenberg Europe Ltd may suspect to be illegal, may subject Kahlenberg Europe Ltd to liability, damage Kahlenberg Europe Ltd’s reputation or which may violate this Acceptable Use Policy or where Kahlenberg Europe Ltd is required to do so by law;
- 2.2.2 issue you with verbal or written warnings and take such further action as Kahlenberg Europe Ltd deems appropriate if such warnings are not heeded;
- 2.2.3 suspend or terminate your access to any or all of the Websites or Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems and services without notice at any time;
- 2.2.4 inform the appropriate authorities and provide them with information regarding any suspected illegal activity; or
- 2.2.5 bring legal action against you or any other user in relation to any breach by you or such other user of this Acceptable Use Policy or any illegal or suspected illegal activity. Kahlenberg Europe Ltd will determine what action is appropriate to be taken against a user on a case by case basis.
2.3 Your breach of this Acceptable Use Policy may also give rise to termination of or further action under any contract you may have with Kahlenberg Europe Ltd.
2.4 You acknowledge that Kahlenberg Europe Ltd may be required by law or regulation to access, monitor, store or copy material sent by you or to you or other users without further notice.
2.5 In addition to the obligations set out in Clause 2.1, you agree that in using the Websites, Kahlenberg Europe Ltd services and systems, you will at all times comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
2.6 You agree to compensate us for any loss or damage that may be caused to Kahlenberg Europe Ltd (including reasonable legal costs) as a consequence of your breach of any of Clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.5 and 3.2.
3. Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights
3.1 Your use of the Websites, Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems and services grants no rights to you in relation to copyright, trade marks or other of Kahlenberg Europe Ltd’s intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties including Kahlenberg Europe Ltd’s licensors.
3.2 You may not, without limitation, copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, communicate to the public, or otherwise use the content included in or provided via the Websites, Kahlenberg Europe Ltd systems and services except for your own personal, non-commercial use or where Kahlenberg Europe Ltd expressly gives you a right to do so on a case-by-case basis. Subject to the above, you may download insubstantial excerpts of such content to your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
4. Business Details
4.1 You can write to Kahlenberg Europe Ltd at its address:
4.2 Address – A9 National Enterprise Park, Portlaoise Interchange, Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Ireland.