D-2 marine air horn
Kahlenberg Chimetone D-2
Kahlenberg Chimetone Air Horns are designed with more than one projector or ‘trumpet’ to produce fundamental frequency combinations that project powerful, distinctive, musical chords. The Kahlenberg D-2 is a perfect example, as distinctive to the ear as it is to the eye. Meets or exceeds IMO requirements for leisure yacht and commercial vessels up to 75m (246ft). Also available as the Kahlenberg D-2CVL with integrated whistle light
The Kahlenberg Chimetone D-2 is constructed from cast bronze and spun brass; it uses triple plating in its chrome version for durability and brilliant appearance.
Fundamental frequencies for this marine air horn are 212Hz and 266Hz and it produces a sound pressure level (SPL) of 132 dB (1/3 Octave @ 1m).
Despite the deep and powerful tone of the D-2, air consumption is modest at 29CFM at 100psi (8l/s at 7bar). it can operate over a wide range of pressure between 100-250psi (7-17bar). It can also deal with higher pressures via the use of optional regulators.
Dimensions are 524mm x 394mm x 217mm (20.5in x 15.5in x 8.5in) and it has a net weight of 15kg (33lb).
There is an option for directly manifolded manual/solenoid valves and air strainer.
Listen to the Kahlenberg D-2 marine air horn
Model D-2 Chimetone features
- Vessel length – 20-75m
- Heated? – No
- Finish – Kahlenberg Chrome Plate Finish (White Powdercoat/Gold PVD/Black Chrome Optional)
- Fundamental Frequency – 266 and 212 Hz
- S.P.L. (1/3 Octave @ 1 Meter) – 132 dB
- Air Consumption – 29 C.F.M. @ 100 p.s.i., 8 l/s @ 7 bar
- Air Pressure Required – 100 to 250 p.s.i., 7 to 17 bar
- Material – Cast Bronze and Spun Brass
- Net weight – 33 lb, 15 kg.
- Dimensions – 20.5in x 15.5in x 8.5in (524mm x 394mm x 217mm)