Q-3A marine air horn
Kahlenberg Chimetone Q-3A
The Kahlenberg Chimetone Q-3A offers offers four projectors in a finely tuned array with different fundamental frequencies to make powerful, distinctive musical chords that are unrivalled globally.
The fundamental frequencies are 174Hz, 247Hz, 283Hz and 311Hz (the lower the frequency, the lower the tone of the sound). It achieves a sound pressure level (SPL) of 136dB (1/3 Octave @ 1m).
The Kahlenberg Chimetone Q-3A air horn is sturdily built out of spun brass and cast bronze for completely robust and virtually maintenance free service. Triple chrome plate or optional white powdercoat and other options are offered for this unit.
An optional M-300 chrome masthead light can be fitted to the Q-4A using the integrated mount.
Model Q-3A Chimetone features
- Vessel length – 20-75m
- Heated? – No
- Finish – Kahlenberg Chrome Plate Finish (White Powdercoat/Gold PVD/Black Chrome Optional)
- Fundamental Frequency – 311, 283, 247, and 174 Hz
- S.P.L. (1/3 Octave @ 1 Metre) – 136 dB
- Air Consumption – 64 C.F.M. @ 100 p.s.i., 30 l/s @ 7 bar
- Air Pressure Required – 100 to 250 p.s.i., 7 to 17 bar
- Material – Cast Bronze and Spun Brass
- Net weight – 100 lb, 45 kg.
- Dimensions – 24.5in x 16.5in x 20.25in (622mm x 419mm x 514mm) (dimensions without optional light)